Our beef is currently available in two ways:
- Bulk Orders: by pre-order approximately 6 weeks in advance.
- Farm Store: Individual cuts of beef and veal available for purchase. Cash and credit card accepted.
Store Hours: Open Wednesdays and Saturdays, 10am-4pm, or by appointment.
Taste the difference of Verdant View Farm beef. Our farm has 25 acres of lush pasture, where we practice rotational grazing with animals moving between 1-acre paddocks all growing season.
- Pasture is utilized from April to December;
- 100% grass-fed and finished;
- No artificial hormones;
- No preventive antibiotics.
• SmuckersMeats, LLC a USDA-inspected, Animal Welfare Approved facility in Lancaster County
• Dry-aged for three weeks to achieve maximum tenderness and flavor
Dry-aging & Montbeliarde Beef
Our beef is dry-aged, a process that occurs at the butcher shop to reduce the water content of the meat and maximize the concentration of flavor. Dry-aged beef is not normally sold in supermarkets today, as it takes significant time and reduces the final weight of the product due to evaporation of water. It is the type of beef that is served in higher-priced steak houses and select restaurants.
Our bovines are a mix of Montbeliarde and Holstein. Montbeliarde are a unique breed native to southeast France. While very rare in the United States, they are one of the most popular breeds in France due to their excellent traits for both cheesemaking and beef. The Holstein provides hybrid vigor, and is a connection to our family’s heritage with this breed of cattle.
If you don’t see availability for eighths on the calendar, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the next available steer.